Re Purposing a T-shirt into a Scarf

Re purposing a t-shirt into a scarf

No question why this Reebok shirt was heading to Goodwill but I thought I could at least try something before this t-shirt was doomed. So I did.

I took the t-shirt and then made a 4x4 template out of an old card. I then started cutting out squares.

I made about 60 squares out of the t-shirt.


Then I placed them all diagonally and pinned the top in the center of the one underneath it. I only pinned the first 5 or so, then I just fed them into the machine individually. The jersey likes to wrinkle up on the edges so I would have to sometimes stop, pick up the presser foot and make sure it was down before stitching again.



And here's the finished product. The perfect new life for that nasty old Reebok shirt.



5 comments

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Very cute! And you are right, much better than the way it started! I love a good re-purpose craft!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

This is a great idea! I featured it on my blog!

http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com

Natalie {Where North Met South} said...

So cute! It was my first sewing project after I got my sewing machine! I love it!

InMyOwnStyle said...

I think this is a great idea - not only a green - repurposing reusing project, but a very stylish one too. I can't wait to make one, or two or three.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

FEaturing this one too!

Powered by Blogger.