jersey rose tutorial

I promised a tutorial on one of the hair barrettes I had been working on, so here it is! The materials were in my scrap bin, so it was FREE...gotta love that!

I had some material left over from this project that was already ruffled on both sides of the fabric. It was about 3 inches wide and 28 inches long.
I then just folded the fabric over and sewed down the edge.
I then started rolling from the center in and then eyeballing how big I wanted the rose. I made one smaller and two bigger.
I then cut straight across, tucked the ends into itself and hand stitched the rose together at the bottom.
Here is a picture of the three roses I made out of that one length of fabric.
I then took them all and started sewing them one by one onto a rectangular piece of felt (about 3 inches long) and with rounded edges. I didn't want to see the felt underneath, just wanted somewhere secure to place them.
And then I glue gunned the felt onto a hair clip. Sophisticated and sweet!




4 comments

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Adorable!! And I love that you used stuff you already had on hand! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

Tiffany said...

So cute. I might be able to do this. Thanks for sharing!

Just Rhonda said...

Super cute!!!! Love it when you can make something with what you have around!!

Laura said...

This is so cute! I love make flowers...I will have to try this!

Powered by Blogger.