Turkey noodle soup and homemade bread YUM!

I make homemade soup at least once a week. Lately, I have been trying to clean out my freezer and my "stockpile" so I literally cooked two twenty pound turkeys within seven days of each other! Our family of five doesn't eat THAT much so I took the leftover turkey and packaged it up in ziploc bags that I put in the freezer. I used one of those bags full of leftover turkey in my homemade turkey noodle soup. I wish I could post a recipe, but since I have been making soup for so long, usually I just add a little of this and a little of that. Here is what doesn't change in my chicken broth based soups though: I always add garlic, cilantro, bay leaves, carrots, lemon, celery and onion. I makes for a nice hearty meal that everyone will eat.

Especially when you pair it with homemade whole wheat bread. Most cook books have a basic recipe for yeast bread. I buy my yeast in bulk at Win-Co. One tip I learned is that the water to dissolve the yeast in does NOT have to be too hot! I was making major mistakes by heating it to boiling and it killed the yeast and didn't rise. Live and learn!


No comments

Powered by Blogger.